Tuesday, February 4, 2014

day +70

Guess what. On Superbowl Sunday I had a tiny root beer float, and it was good. I even ordered a milkshake at dinner last night, but I could only eat a bit of it. Sweet things, as long as they are not too sweet or too much taste good again. I have been feeling really good lately. Im excited for the end of winter, however you wouldn't know its on its way out... I just expect it to end, but the temperature keeps low and today it snowed. As long as it has to be cold it might as well be pretty. I think tomorrow with the wind chill it is supposed to feel like -25. Im glad I don't have to leave the house tomorrow.

Lately my mom and I keep ourselves busy watching Charles Dicken's, Bleak House... and Great Expectations on Netflix. These shows make my dad crazy, I think. He gets really board.

Nate started a two month rotation working in child and adolescent psychiatry. He just finished working in Geriatrics. He really liked Geriatrics and is thinking about a fellowship in that field. It seems like it would be useful since the baby boomers are getting older. We will see what he decides. He is still testing out his options.

Last week I let little Nathan walk around a grocery store for the first time. It was a small natural grocery store. He circled the store 2 or 3 times squealing with delight. It was so exciting to him to be able to go where he wanted when he wanted. If there was any product not even with the shelving he pushed it back. He is very helpful and organized. He is such a good boy. My dad is so in love with him and keeps telling me what a special boy I have... and I just say, I know.


6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling so good, Tanya! We continue to pray for your success! Sounds like little Nate is really cruising around these days :) 30 more days until day 100!!!!! Let's through a facebook party since we can't be in person :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds good to me. How do you have a Face Book party? I will bring the root beer floats.

      Delete
  2. You do have a very special boy. I'm sure he was prepared for this trial that came before he even turned one. It's cute to think of him squealing and toddling through the grocery store. Zach is taking steps, but he's not a walker, yet. I'm not in a rush to make him a walker, so we just adore the few steps he wants to take here and there. I'm glad you're feeling well. Isn't this such an interesting time of year where spring is not quite close enough to taste it/feel it yet?! I love winter, so I'm not going crazy or anything, but the days the sun is so beautiful makes me excited for pleasant spring days. As long as spring has it's fair share and doesn't turn into summer too soon, I love spring! I love the changes of the season, really. Anyway, this is a long response to let you know that I'm glad to hear your'e doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week almost feels like spring. It will be in the 40s and 50s all week. I hope it stays this way.

      Delete
  3. I recently discovered a TV show I LOVE. It's a BBC show "Call the Midwife". Have you seen it. I watch it on NetFlix. I'm sure your father would be bored with that one too. Glad you are making progress. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like "Call the Midwife" too. However, when I was in the hospital I had a difficult time watching those poor women in labor... I think it was because I was already feeling uncomfortable, so I didn't want to see anyone else suffering too. Of course at the end of labor you always get to see those precious new borns. You are right, it would bore my poor dad. :)

      Delete