Sunday, June 29, 2014

a little bit of May and June


Health update: Things are good. I have been off of Pro-Graff for about a month, and in that month I have gained ten pounds. I can't stop eating. It is great that food tastes good again, but not great that I am constantly eating ice cream. I guess eating ice-cream was a summer goal i had a few months ago when the hospital was my sterile home away from home. So... mission accomplished. Im now ten pounds heavier, thanks to ice cream.

When we were in Salt Lake a few weeks ago I visited my homeopath, who I affectionately refer to as my witch doctor. He gave me an herbal vitamin, vitamin D, a probiotic and a few other things. Anyways... Im feeling so so so much better, even with my 5% toast, 95% ice-cream diet. Next month, which is in a few days, I plan on joining a gym. I finally feel good enough to really exercise. I HAVE to get some muscle tone back, because those new ice-cream pounds are not sitting pretty.

Oh and the hair. It seems to be the first thing people ask me about. It has been about a month since the photos at Bridal Veil Falls. I really liked my hair at that time. Now it looks like the hair of a 10 year old boy who is about a month past due on a hair cut. I don't know what to do about it. I want it to grow out, but I'm going to look a lot like I did in the 3rd and 4th grade... but it is out of my hands. There is no getting past it. The next year or so might not be that pretty. It is a good thing my husband is so great. He tells me he loves me all the ways... from cancer skinny to post pregnancy chubby... and everything in between. Just wait until he experiences the 3rd grade afro.

Enough of the health talk. 

Summer has been fun for Little N and I. We have played and played. I think our life is similar to the lives of other families with little ones. In the mornings we meet with friends at the park and go to story time at the library. Mix in a splash pad and a few grocery shopping trips, and thats our life. Boring, and I like it that way. 

Unfortunately, while we have been playing big N has worked and worked...literally everyday since we got back from SLC three weeks ago. That has been annoying, but whatever. I keep telling myself that next month will be better... and next month turns out to be the same or worse. When I got sick last August he was able to switch up his rotations so that he had it easy in the fall... so this spring has been pay back... and it has been a drag. It really should get better next month in July. July starts Nate's 3rd year of residency (He has 4 years... so that makes 2 years left). He will be working at out-patient clinics. This means that he will know his schedule for the year and he shouldn't have to work late nights, and very few weekends. It is going to feel like a dream to have him home before 7 every night and to myself most weekends.


So that's my update. Now... for a bunch of 
pictures and a few videos. 




Little N playing with his cousins in Orem

our little hippie

helping his dad with yard work (6-28)

family photo from Easter weekend



Free day at the Botanical Gardens. We spent over an hour on a flight of stairs that leads to two old trains. (Omaha used to be a big deal back in the day when trains were also a big deal.) The train display is free every day. We then ran through the actual botanical gardens for a few minutes before rushing home for nap time. 

legos

more yard work

Memorial Day at the avenues SLC cemetery. Little N is showing his respect to his Great Great Great grandpa. 

Karl's great grandson, great great grandson and great great great grandson. 

I can't believe it has been less than four years since we were married here. I love to see the SLC temple. It is my temple.  

playing

Bridal Veil Falls up Provo Canyon. 

another shot from the falls. Little N walked most of the 5-10 minute walk all by himself. 



FHE with grandma and grandpa Maeser. This is Gilgal Sculpture Gardens in SLC. Such a strange and interesting place. 

saying goodbye. We took a similar picture last year when we left. It is always sad when it is time to go. 

Little N at a splash pad. We didn't plan on playing in the water so he's wearing his onsie, and not a swim suit. He isn't really into running through the cold water yet. He had a great time standing by the fence watching the cars drive by on Center Street. 





1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear how well you are feeling and that life is heading the direction you dreamed of. That little boy. Oh, what a cutie! Your adventures and daily routine are just perfect and sound delightful. Good luck with the hair growing process! I'm sure it can be frustrating. Sure love you!

    ReplyDelete