 |
| at the hospital... a few hours before we left for home |
 |
| This terrible photo captures the exhaustion we experienced the first few weeks of little Nathan's life. |
 |
| My mom stayed with us for a week after we came home from the hospital. She brought with her lots of advise which I didn't want to hear... I am not really good at accepting advice. After she left I realized that maybe she knew a few things. |
 |
| 3 week old little Nathan. He was finally back up to his birth weight. Can you believe a person that size was in me? I cant. |
 |
| Nate's mom came and stayed with us the week before Christmas. It was fun having her. Nuby was beside himself with excitment when she walked in the door... she recited riddles to little Nathan and cleaned my bathroom. So much help. |
 |
| between week 3 and 4 we went for a walk on the Pedestrian bridge over the Missouri river. Even that little walk was a little difficult for me, 3.5 weeks postpartum... but it was so worth it just to be outside. I think our little bear liked it too. |
 |
| my Nathans |
 |
| 1 mo |
 |
| about 1.5 weeks |
 |
| tummy time |
 |
| Grandpa Ellis, the Nathans and Grandpa Maeser. This is little Nathan's blessing day. It was such a great day. We all kept saying it. Big Nate pronounced a beautiful blessing on little Nathan. That night we had chili and watched the Christmas devotional. |
 |
| Grandma Ellis, mama, 5 week old baby and Grandma Maeser |
 |
| making Christmas tree ornaments |
 |
| The week before CHristmas Omaha welcomed a "blizzard"... the first real snow of the season. After little Nathan went down for the night Nate and I frolicked a little outside. The reflection of the street lights on the snow brightened the night... Even if if was only 10 minutes it was soooo much fun. I am sure it was the first time I had been outside in a few days... and for a little moment it felt like Nate and I were on a date. |
 |
| sweet snuggle time |
 |
| The first smile captured on camera. I was talking to big Nate on speaker phone and little Nathan just started cooing and smiling at the phone... I guess he likes his daddy's voice. I told Nate to just keep talking while I snapped the photos... I am sure Nate was trying to tell me something important... but this little smile won my attention. |
 |
| Christmas 2011... Since someone broke the bank with his arrival Nate and I had a really simple Christmas. He made me cinnamon rolls and I made him a pumpkin pie. We slept in and then baked all morning while singing along to Christmas tunes... Little Nathan slept through most of it. We three had a great day... after our morning bake-a-thon we opened a few presnets sent us from family, played with this guy and watched movies. |
 |
| little Nathan opening his first present... he doesn't have the skill down just yet. |
 |
| someone loving their daddy |
 |
| Our first Christmas tree. This is the first Chirstmas tree I have had in my whole adult life. I probably should mention Nuby. You can see him by the tree. Little Nathan's arrival has been hard on him. Things are finally starting to look up for doggie... well... mostly because I have been feeling good enough to play with him more. If anyone wants to stop by and play with him, please do. |
 |
| Last week the three of us drove 18 hours south to Houston, Texas for my borthers wedding. The day before the wedding, my brother's bride and her parents were sealed in the Houston temple. Her parents flew in for the week from China. It was such a beautiful beautiful thing. I don't think my brother can comprehend how lucky he is. His new wife is a pretty amazing girl from a really great family. |
 |
| after Liangzi's family's sealing... it was 70 degrees ... a nice change from our below freezing weather in Omaha |
 |
| my brother Jacob and his bride Liangzi |
 |
| somewhere between Houston and Austin |
 |
| breakfast |
 |
| lunch at Jaun in a Million. This place came highly recommended by a former Austin-ite I know... It was good... but great? |
|
 |
| My brother's reception was held in a replica of the Alamo. Nate asked me if we were supposed to remember every detail of the Alamo... I think the pressure kind of stressed him out. |
 |
| our beautiful boy 2 days ago |
 |
| our beautiful boy seconds before a sweet sad cry... tired baby ready for food and sleep |
 |
| We sent out our first Christmas card this year. The photo was taken by a photographer in our ward, Dani Christiansen. The caption on the card read, "May Your Christmas Be Filled With Reverence and Wonder". |
 |
| little Nathan in his blessing outfit |
About 1 week old... my laugh at the end is pretty weird... my disclaimer... Only a week or so post major abdominal surgery... everything involving stomach muscles still hurt... so that was me trying not to laugh
 |
| Jaundice - indirect sunlight |
okay, I've got to go work on my kitchen now, but I'v had such a fun time looking through your photos. You three are a beautiful family. I love your Christmas...so fun and memorable. Keep doing all the good you're doing to get better. Sending lots of love and good vibes your way!
ReplyDelete