Friday, May 31, 2013

Fat and happy

Tornado alley. A house. Yard work.

Our life lately. Not necessarily in that order.

May 1st we bought a house. It is only meant to be home for three years. However, as we daydream about our life post-residency we have decided to be open to staying in Omaha longer... Or even keeping it as a home base if we decide to roam the world. Who knows what the future holds. I know I could go anywhere as long as I have my Nathans... And whoever else joins our family in the future.

Moving has taught us to de-junk. When and if we do leave Omaha, we have a goal of only taking a small uhaul. The one that is covered by insurance... Since on the move to Omaha someone hit a gas station, and we are still paying off that debt. So, about 3 years from now will be a good time to know us... If you are into other people's junk.

With this house, that we call a home, we (And when I say we, I mean Nate) have discovered the joys of yard work. Nate has spent hours clipping the lawn and pulling weeds. That is right. He mowed our lawn with scissors last week. He told me today that even though yard work is hard work, he gets how it can be relaxing. Right now our yard is the disgrace of the street. Hopefully that will change... At least by the end of summer. I will hide from the neighbors until then.

Tornadoes. I don't think any have hit our town yet, but it tis the season. We have had thunder storms every night for a week. Last night I tried to convince Nate to move the futon into the unfinished basement, so we can sleep there during storms. I'm a little paranoid about the whole thing. I see an emergency preparedness calling in my future.

And the boy. He's cuter than ever, and getting chubby. I told Nate today I finally got the fat baby I always wanted. I swear he's heavier today than he was yesterday... Or I'm weaker today than I was yesterday. He's getting fat, and he's happy...


And so are the rest of us, including nubby.








No comments:

Post a Comment