Saturday, July 13, 2013

old photos

When Nathan was born, I tried to convine Nate that he looked just like my baby pictures. That is when I discovered that my baby photos are missing. I don't know where they are. I have searched my photo albums and my parents albums, but they are nowhere to be found. I know of a few that I used to have, but from what I can tell they are gone.  It makes me sad that my children will never see my baby pictures. Here are a few photos that my sister Chalice sent me. From what I can tell, other than the picture that was taken on my baptism day, Im between 2 and 5 in these photos.
Im with my brother Spencer in our basement in Jerome.

This is in front of my Grandma's house in West Valley, Utah. It is around Christmas time... maybe 1980?

I might be 2.5 here. That would make this Halloween 1979. 

I don't know when this is, but I remember loving that doll.

I think I might be 2 in this photo. 

My baptism day. I refused to smile. I was not happy at all when this picture was taken. I think I had been fighting with my siblings and my mom was probably stressed, trying to get everything ready for the baptism. The photo taken directly after my baptism is really different  I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I felt so good... warm, peaceful, enlightened. I remember thinking, "why am I so happy? Im not supposed to be happy. I'm still mad at everyone." I like that story, because even before I knew what the holy ghost was I felt it... even in a moment when I didn't want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment