Monday, January 13, 2014

day +50

Tomorrow it will have been 50 days since I received Mandy's stem cells. It is a half way point. Im not exactly sure what is so magical about day 100, but this is what I have gathered. After 100 days post transplant I don't have to see my doctor twice a week, I don't have to get my blood drawn twice a week, I can travel and I don't have to have someone with me at all times. I may have already said this, but the reason I have to have a caregiver is that the medication I am taking increases the chance of seizures. I have not had one yet, and I don't think I will,  but you never know. My family has done a really good job taking care of me. We have Meredith this week and my parents come back this weekend.

I just wanted to check in and let everyone know I am doing really good. I even ate a bite of chocolate tonight and it was sort of good. Up until tonight anything sweet has tasted disgusting to me. I can't even eat fruit. I so hope my appreciation for sweet things comes back. I love dessert and it would be a shame to never have it again.

So... happy halfway day tomorrow... enjoy some cake for me.

p.s. the little guy is finally walking.

Day 50 date night... Nate took me to the French restraunt Dario's... delicious

1 comment:

  1. oh man...I wish I didn't like chocolate. lol Keep trying it and it will taste good again. You are getting closer and closer to 100!

    ReplyDelete