Hooray. Day 41. We are almost half way through this 100 day post transplant period. Last Thursday my PICC line was removed. My PICC line was the semi-permanent IV that I have had grossly dangling from my arm since August 8th. It was the means by which four rounds of chemotherapy were poured into my body. It was also the way that I received many many pints of blood, platelets and other fluids... and finally... It is how I received Mandy's stem cells 41 days ago. It felt important that my PICC line was removed... a step closer to closing this chapter of our lives. One day what is currently a little scab on my arm will be a tiny tiny scar that might be hard for me to find.
For now I think Im doing better every day. Some days are better than others. I might be developing a insignificant rash on my neck. The doc gave me a prescription for it.... So far that is the only sign of any Graft versus Host (GVH). In a nutshell, Im doing good. I don't have too much energy, but Im working on it. Fatigue, nausea and other gastrointestinal issues bother me, but these symptoms are nothing in transplant world. Im very blessed and I have to thank those of you that have been supportive and prayerful throughout all of this. Thank you again... and please continue to pray for us. Food tastes better to me, but Im not 100%. Im still really skinny and could stand to add ten pounds... and yes... if I could I would take ten of your pounds.
I'm praying for you, and I so appreciate your truthful updates. Thank you, and I can feel that you are healing (even if it is a hard road to travel). You are an inspiration to me.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jen! Isn't funny how just doing what you have to do can be an inspiration. You would do it too, but I hope you never have to. You are great.
ReplyDelete