Can you believe I am so close to day 100. Next Monday is my last bone marrow biopsy, and next Thursday I have an "exit interview". I don't know how often I will have to go in for checkups after that, but I know it will be less than twice a week. I was looking over some bills, and can you believe that every time I get my blood drawn it costs $1,600. I can't believe that. Cancer is expensive. Luckily we have really good insurance and social security helps cover what does have to come out of our pocket. So, Im not complaining about our finances, I just cant believe how expensive this all is. I'm really really grateful we came to Omaha. Because we were starting our family, asking potential residency programs about their insurance packages was top priority. Now I'm really glad. So many times we have wondered what would have happened if we had ended up in Hawaii. At the time it was the most appealing location to our adventurous side, but least when it came to sensibility. I'm so glad sensibility made our choice.
Im still doing well. I have decided I need to build some muscle. I have lost a lot of muscle mass... and Im afraid that my current method for gaining weight, root-beer-floats and cheese dip, will turn me into a soft couch potato... Since that is kind of what I am. Starting this week Im going to start yoga at a studio again. I don't have enough self discipline to do it at home... Im so lazy... but a studio. Hopefully I follow through with this plan. I will let you know how it goes. I plan on finding a class starting tomorrow. Today Im going to watch "Downton Abbey".
I was just thinking about you yesterday! Thanks for the update! I do cross fit at Fit Farm Omaha, but they have a few yoga classes in there too. They even have a yoga ariels class. Looks super fun! Anyway, I'm happy that things are on the up for you finally! You amazing!
ReplyDeleteWow. An ariel class might be a little scary for me right now... I get light headed pretty easily, but it sounds cool. Is Fit Farm near by? I think I will want to join a gym later on down the road, but for now Im just starting with something simple that I know I love. Do they have daycare? I might need something like that after my parents leave.
DeleteDid you find a yoga class? Do you like it? Wish you could come to mine! :) xoxo Love you!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could come to your class too. I found a studio close to my house. Bhadra Yoga. It is a really small studio. I like that about it. I went to a Yin class on Tuesday and a Vinyasa flow class on Wednesday. I really liked the class on Wednesday. THe teacher told us she was new at teaching, but I like new teachers. They don't think they are superior to their students... and they are excited to teach. The Yin class was good too. The owner of the studio taught that class... so... she had more confidence... and it was a well taught class... but you could tell it is probably the millionth class that she has taught... so they were different as every yoga class is. Every now and again Nate asks me if I want to go back to school and get my masters and I always tell him that I'd rather do a yoga teacher training course... What can I say, your my inspiration.
DeleteSo glad to hear you're doing well. My mom does have to get a bone marrow transplant. She has had a rough week this first week physically, but she's got a very strong spirit and keeps up her good attitude. We kept hearing that her white blood cell counts and percentage of blasts were going down significantly each day, so I was kind of thinking that she would only have leukemia for a week (denial phase of grief!). It was a little hard to hear that "if you want a chance of surviving 5 or more years she needs the transplant" and that she would be battling this for at least one year. WOW! I'm grateful for inspiring people like you and her that keep us in check! Enjoy your yoga.
ReplyDeleteI thought that at one point, that I might only have cancer for a month or so. It's rough, but my memory is a little foggy as to how rough it was. Nate told me the other day that he thinks I don't remember things right... because now in retrospect I think, That wasn't too bad... and really it wasn't, but it wasn't a walk in the park either. Your mom is lucky to have you guys.
Delete