Thursday, February 27, 2014

Good news on day +95

I had another bone marrow biopsy this week and today my case manager called with the preliminary results. It is clean. There are no cancer cells in my bone marrow. I expected such results, but it was still a happy moment getting those results. 

I also had genetic tests on my lab work this week, to see if Mandy's stem cells have taken over. My case manager told me they test two things, and I can't remember what they are... But the first one is 100% Mandy and the second one is 90% Mandy. That's good... And all of my other counts are normal. My hemoglobin, platlettes, white blood cells are all in normal healthy human range. 

Now I just need my hair to grow and no one has to know that last year I had cancer. 

Speaking of hair, I've posted a few pictures of Little N's first haircut... And one of my own glorious head of hair. 





5 comments:

  1. Yeah! Does that mean if you were to commit a crime now it would be blamed on Mandy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Yay! Such great news. You're a survivor, friend. And your little N is such a handsome little guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. I read a fb thing that was travel advice for Russians visiting the USA. One thing they warned Russians about is that Americans want people to survive. If an American falls and gets up, they are a hero for surviving. The thing said, we Russians just think its bad luck. I thought it was funny and true.

      Delete
  3. What wonderful news! Go little Mandy cells, go!!

    ReplyDelete