This afternoon I have an exit interview. I don't think it will be anything exciting. It is probably something the hospital has to do for insurance purposes. Tomorrow I meet with my doctor to discuss the bone marrow biopsy from last week. I already know the preliminary results... its clean, no cancer cells. I think I wrote that in the last post. And... here is where Mandy has taken over... My T-cells are 100% Mandy and my white blood cells are 90% Mandy. We are so lucky. You know this could have been so much worse.
When I was in the hospital for an infection, before my transplant, Nate and I met a women in the hallway who was there with her 11 year old son. He was about 60 days post transplant and had spent the whole time in the hospital. When her son came out to walk the halls he looked awful. BLoated, sad and really sick. It really scared Nate and I. We thought, wow, that could be our future. Well, that wasn't our future. Our future turned out to be so much better than that. I saw that mother in the waiting room at the hospital today. She was meeting another donor. A collage student from Michigan State. I guess that little boy is going to have another transplant. I felt really sad for all that he's been through... and I felt really grateful for the Michigan State collage student who came to Omaha on his spring break to donate his stem cells to a stranger. I hope this transplant goes better for them.
WAHOOOO!!!! I am so happy!!! You made it to day 100!!! GO TANYA!! And GO MANDY!!! I think you need to go celebrate - Rootbeer floats all around!! Seriously so happy to see you looking like you feel better and better. And you have peach fuzz! What a year... Hoping you are breathing a sigh of relief... but somehow, you knew it would turn out this way the whole time, didn't you? How did you know that? SO VERY HAPPY you were right!
ReplyDeleteYes, I did know. How? I don't know, I just did. :)
ReplyDelete