Google just asked me to search for a domain name. I am not sure what that means. I tried to think of something that would also work as a title for this family blog. I thought about the book, "The Wild Things"... and the quote, "and he sailed off through the night, and in and out of weeks..." That feels like how time has passed over the last four years. It turns out you have to pay for a domain name... and since I don't understand the point, I am not purchasing a domain name, but I think I will rename the blog.
The current name of the blog is
. < ya... that is it. It is a period. I never named it. I threw this together as a way to provide people with information about our wedding 4 years ago... I know there are more sophisticated ways to provide wedding information on line, but that stuff is over my head. Now this wedding announcement has turned into our family blog, my only real journal. This blog has documented the most important moments of our lives together... and a bunch of useless junk too.
That is right. March was our anniversary month. We celebrated simply. Nate gave me white roses. We went to dinner and Nate took a few days off. He watched a few basket ball games and played with Nathan. He let me sleep in for 4 days in a row. I think originally we were going to try and make an event of it by going out of town. It didn't work out that way, but it is ok. It was nice to just hang out. That is the best part about marriage, at least it is my favorite part about our marriage... just being together.
 |
| Spring has finally arrived in Omaha. Here's one of the dog taking the boy for a walk. The leash does nothing...the dog outweighs the boy by at least 20lbs. We only use it to comply with the law... and to keep him from chasing small animals, that he usually doesn't see anymore. Sweet old Nuby turns 13 in May. I have heard stories about his energy level as a young dog... He's an old man now. In fact, when Nate wants to take the dog on walks, he sometimes hides. |
 |
| St. Patricks Day was an after thought, but we had fun. I only had blue food coloring, but it worked. After this we went to a community St. Patricks Day "party". I use quotes, because that is how they advertised it. Really it was just an overcrowded story time with lots of kids wearing green. We still had fun. |
 |
| Little N and I drove to Kansas to visit my friend Amy and her 9 month old twins. Oh my gosh! They are so so cute. Little Pax is sensitive and cuddly and Leif is a joker. I loved them right away. I like other people's kids, but these boys are really special. Nathan was so good with them. He did what they did, which in this picture was laying around and drinking his sippy cup. The boys are in the kitchen, because originally they were "chasing" Nathan. He was running around the island and they wanted in on the action. They scooted into the kitchen from the living room to "run around" with Nathan. I love the way they move. It is similar to a caterpillar or a slug.... REALLY cute slugs. |
 |
| Pax is in the front. He reminds me a lot of little N. If you have read "The Child Whisper", he would be a #2 energy type. I love that energy type. My husband and my boy are both #2s. Leif, in the back ground is really funny. You can tell, in his infant way, that he is already cracking jokes. He would do things on purpose to get people to laugh. Probably a #1 energy type, according to Carol Tuttle's book. I want to hang out with those babies and their mom again! SOON. |
 |
| We have had a few awesome weather days. This day it was actually hot. Nathan and I were going to go to the zoo, but it was CROWDED with families on spring break. We got homemade ice-cream at an locally owned ice-cream shop downtown instead. Little N's flavor was really good, but he wouldn't share with me. Mine was pretty gross. That is what I get for being adventurous. I got up to buy a scoop of the flavor he had, and as soon as I turned around with my new scoop, he dropped his on the floor and started to cry. Reluctantly I said, "Don't worry. I just got you another one". I hope he remembers that and is amazed by my ability to perceive the future. Oh well. The things we do for love. |
 |
| He kept getting really close to my camera when I wanted to take his photo, with the downtown buildings in the background. I said, "Ugh. Back up. I'm only getting your nose". So in all of the photos his lips are funny... because that is his way of sticking out his nose. He can be a rascal sometimes. |
 |
| Letters. He loves them. This was a fun game of matching the "daddy" letters to the "baby" letters. |
No comments:
Post a Comment