February has come and gone. It has been a month of sickness and love. Sickness because I spent 3 weeks of it sick. First with the Nora Virus, and then a week later the flu. Little N and Nate got the flu too. Finally, this weekend we all feel better.
I also thought for a second that I could be pregnant. False alarm. No one is trying, so it would have been a miracle... We felt all kinds of hope and wonder at the possibility, but we didn't accidentally make a baby. This led me to do a little research on fertility and pregnancy, post stem cell transplant. The results are... that the transplant almost always causes infertility. That was and is depressing to think about... but I have not given up hope. My friend Dotty reminded me that I am not in the same category as most people in the population. Not just because I believe in miracles.. but just because... well.... because of my witch doctor.... So... in the future, if Nate and I manage to conceive, I will remind you that I have been working closely with a homeopath to heal my body from the damage that cancer treatment has done. I am interested to see how this all plays out.
Also this month, I think Nate and I have decided that we will be leaving Omaha in 2016 when he finishes residency. We thought that we might stay for an extra year, but we have decided against that. I like it here, but I am excited to move on to our next destination. I expect we will know where we will be in 16 months, by Christmas time this year.
![]() |
| Last week we went to the Durham Train station museum with the HOAA playgroup. It was fun, and one of our only outings this month. |



That Valentine's dinner looks fantastic! Sorry to hear you were sick for so much of February, but glad you're better.
ReplyDeleteThanks Casey. I am glad we are better too. So far March has been 100X better than February, and we are only a few days in... and that dinner was fantastic. Nate's the best.
ReplyDelete