Saturday, March 5, 2016

Spring is finally almost here





I don't remember exactly when this was, but I know it was a Sunday morning in January. Maybe the 1st Sunday of January that I found myself driving to church before 9am. This photo is proof that Im a devoted Saint. Only church would get me out the door before 9am in -1 degree weather... probably with a windchill -40

Nate is such a good sport. Nathan's favorite "pretend" game is stuffed animals... and Nate is the only one in our family with enough patients to play.. 

We went to a Creighton Basket Ball Game. Not the best seats, but it was still fun. Nathan LOVES his Creighton Bluejay Hoodie, because that's his favorite bird. 

The Amazing Pizza Machine is Omaha really is amazing. Nathan had the time of his life. It was the perfect relief from January shut-in blues. (He rode an in-door roller coaster... gave me a headache, but he LAUGHED the whole time)

Did you know the full moon in February is called the Snow Moon. It is because the biggest snow falls are traditionally in February. Interesting, eh? On days like this Nate took my car to work and Nathan and I shoveled... sort of. 

So I have been making my own laundry detergent for a while now. This recipe is my favorite so far. "Laundry Sauce". When I am not rushed I really have a blast making this stuff... I actually thought it would be fun to invite over all my Omaha friends and make "Laundry Sauce" together for my unofficial going away party. I don't know if other people would have as much fun with it... If I ever get around to putting up a step by step in my "boring housewife blog", I add a link here >> 

Sledding at Memorial Park. So fun. The boy insisted on going all by himself. 

Memorial Park sledding

So... I think they are both so ATTRACTIVE in black. I don't know why (type 4s)... but I had to take a photo... Could just eat them both up some times. 

HOAA Valentine's Day Party. Little N loves girl. She's so FUN. 



Valentine's Day cookie. yum. 

pancakes for breakfast... its what the husband makes when I cant muster the energy to make dinner. Cutting pancakes in a flower is something my mother used to do... and now I've trained my boy to insist on the flower cut too. 

If it were not for HOAA playgroups we'd never leave the house in January and Febuary. PE 101. Another awesome place for kids in Omaha. We would have never paid the entrance fee to try it on our own if it wasn't for HOAA. 

PE 101 playgroup


Ever since we moved to Omaha we have been curious about this place. "The Holy Family Shrine". If sits on a hill on the freeway b/w Omaha and Lincoln. You know little N was born in Lincoln, so I made that drive a lot when we first moved here. Now, almost 4 years later we finally went for a visit. Its really beautiful and serene. An earth bermed visitors center (which represents Jesus' tomb) sits opposite of this structure, which is a chapel made or completely organic materials. All glass and wood beams... and stone. The earth bermed visitors center has a large skylight that allows in sun light... and  it is the exact location where a natural spring comes up from underground. .. the spring drips from the "tomb's" fountain down the hill a short distance to the front area of the chapel, where the priest stands. The stream it trickles down is a stone stream, in the sunlight.  Its holy water.  I am sure that "energetic vibration" of this place is really high. That is new agey talk for, if you could measure the level of spiritually felt there, it would be pretty high.

 Before we went inside the chapel we told little N that people go in there to pray... so if we go inside we have to be quiet and pray too. He sat like this for a long while... the priest approached to tell us they were preparing for a Memorial Service... but the little made us wait until he said amen. 

Before Little N and his friend erased this drawing today, I wanted to capture it. A few nights ago little N was told that he couldn't put our living room couch pillows in the kitchen. He's 3. He has a hard time taking no for an answer. Feeling completely defeated he shut him self in his room. I heard the frantic scraping sound from my room, but I didn't know what was happening. I figured Nate was capable of dealing with the situation. I trust him. He's a good dad. Well, Nate tried to go into little N's room to console him, and Little N fiercely, with all his 3 year old rage, kicked dad out... he was drawing this picture. Then later that night little N told his dad, "I tried to draw when you told me I couldn't put pillows in the kitchen. I didn't know how, so I drew this."  -- Maybe all kids do this on their own, but neither Nate of I release frustration in creation. I stress clean... and Nate just get even quieter than normal and needs a nap... his grad school friends used to call it "imploding"... its kind of a joke, but its so true) anyways... this is probably totally normal for a kid, but how Id love to encourage a creativity as an outlet for my little guy. I've always wanted to be an artist, but it was always too forced for me. So proud of this first "emotional creative outlet". 

As we get closer to putting our house on the market in a few weeks... and scheduling movers... and looking for rentals in Utah... its starting to feel so real. This is another one of little N's besties... its totally possible that this could be their last play date in OMaha. Hopefully they can meet up again in Utah, because I guess they are getting married. She told her parents this, "Mommy. I think I am going to go with my best friend N to the temple and get married. and you and dad can come. and N's mom and dad can come too." I wish little N could marry all of his friends... oh wait.... no I don't wish that at all, but its going to be a tough decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment