Friday, September 14, 2018

Reality bites sometimes


Hey guys. I got the results from a bone marrow biopsy that I had last week. At first look, my marrow is clean... but deeper they found leukemia cells. A very small trace amount. That is WAY better than a relapse, but still a reality check. We are about to proceed with phase two of this fight.

The mold that caused my esophagus fistula is hopefully gone. We stopped the antifungal medication yesterday... because the anti fungal medication doesn't work well with the chemo agent... and it takes 24 days to get the antifungal med out of my system...

Also. My body isn't in a position to fight a full blown cancer relapse. Steroids can cause the mold to grow at super speed.... and often when fighting cancer steroids are nessesary when blood counts get super low...and by the way, I looked the mold up last night. People that get it have a 20% survival rate. That means that only 2 people out of 10 live to tell the tale. I'm a survivor ya'all... an anomaly.

So... the mold CANT make a comeback... and the leukemia can't make a comeback..(correction... they can, but either scenario could REALLY shake things up in a bad way) I can't fight both at the same time... and I'm still healing from surgery... and honestly, if I had another cancer relapse, we would be in a "tight spot". That's what my doc said yesterday.

In a few months I will probably need some consolidation chemo, and then they will give me more of Mandy's cells... to boost the transplant I had 5 years ago. I don't know what a couple of months means... it probably just means as soon as I can physically handle the procedure.

I'm slightly scared. I want to think this is over and that it will only be progress from this point forward. I need you guys again.

Will you fast for me again? Will you amp up your prayers again..

This is scene two of "I will survive".

No comments:

Post a Comment