We arrived last Tuesday, 03 May 2011. This afternoon Nate told me, "I'm happy we are here. I think being in emergency here is better than it would be... anywhere else."
I am happy we are here too. This week we moved into the 'nurses quarters' on the hospital grounds. Nate and I are sharing a single bed in a dorm room. We do have the option of opening the trundle bed into 2 single beds, but the full bed takes up our entire living space. It sounds awful, but I kind of like it... and I am not just being accommodating. I have taken pictures to show our future children how miserable our living conditions once were.
It has only been a week and I can tell that the cadence of my internal dialogue sounds more British. I have found my away around the local shops... and Nate even spotted a health food shop on our walk yesterday. As much as I have been in need of a vacation, I look forward to finding employment... and... overall I am looking forward to making friends and learning about aboriginal culture.
No comments:
Post a Comment