The top of Anzac hill. We have since been told it is beautiful at sunset... Since we don't have a car we limit our walking tour time to daylight hours.
A bit about Alice.
He looks grumpy in this pictures... but really it is his thinking face combined with a little wind and a slight smile. Grumpy or not I still like that face.
Alice Springs.

These sign posts in the middle of town remind us that we are in the middle of nowhere and far from everywhere
A grassy area along the mall strip. Usually there are more people on the grass selling Aboriginal art.
Red Dog Cafe... We could have ordered kangaroo, but I got the veggie and Nathan had chicken.
Sunday walk to 'Olive Pink's Botanical Gardens'

Nathan and I like fight over whose head is bigger. I am pretty sure this photo proves that I win.
Nathan pointing. He wants to go there.

"This wall was built to celebrate Clarry and Frances Smith who both contributed so much to the development of the Garden (1990-2005)". The wall is also a giant sand box.

a sculpture "Strange News From Another Star" by Don Murphy star sculpture
wickham bush
a butterfly
a butterfly poster
kangaroo crossing
Sunday walk to the train station

bush food
more about the Bungalow children

Nate watching the train
the train

Before the Ghan train was completed goods were transported from one side of Australia to the other on camels from Afghanistan. When the train was completed the camels were either shot or released. There is still a large camel population outside of Alice Springs. In July they have what they call the Camel Cup. It's a camel race. I have heard that if you wear proper cowboy boots they will let you race a camel. Guess who owns a proper pair of cowboy boots.
No comments:
Post a Comment