Saturday, December 28, 2013

Something is cooking in the kitchen

I'm sitting in my loving room watching my 14 month old tote around a Calvin And Hobbes book. He hands it to me and kisses the pages. He kisses me and then moves on. He's very busy. 

The best part is, I smell the soup that my sister in law Lori is making in the kitchen and I look forward to eating. I've been praying and praying that food would once again become a pleasure. I've been praying to have more faith in miracles and in the prayers of others. 

Last Thursday my doctor said that on average people's appetites return around day 60. I'm only at day 32 or 33.... And food is something better than tolerable. My appetite isn't perfect, but I eat and it isn't a complete chore. 

A miracle. And because I'm eating and drinking I feel better. Hopefully this stays. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope it stays too!! I am so glad your mouth sores are gone - praise God! I am glad that food is smelling good and you are able to eat a little better. I just keep ticking time off the clock thinking about you and hoping and praying that your transplant "takes" and that you can return to your normal, transformed, beautiful existence. I am so glad you are here and doing better each day. I am praying and having faith for you! :) Happy 2014! Here's to an awesome year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy... and an awesome year to you too!

    ReplyDelete