Last Sunday was Easter. I felt really connected to Jesus last Sunday, in a way that I haven't felt in a while. I thought about how good my life is and how it has only been made possible to me because of Jesus Christ. In my heart I wanted to say something to express my feelings to the people around me, but I didn't. I kept thinking "He is Risen!". Just the thought of what this statement means makes me feel emotional. I think next year I will say it to people as a greeting, in the same way I say Merry Christmas.
Saturday afternoon, before Easter Sunday, we were invited to an Easter egg hunt. Nathan was the only child not dressed in his Sunday best. He was also the only child that didn't run like a maniac searching for eggs... He's probably also the only child whose parent's stole his good candy and gave the rest to the other kids. He likes putting things in containers, so he liked putting the eggs in the basket, but chocolate wasn't his motivation. It probably will be next year. Next year I will dress him in his Sunday best and only steal 1/2 of his candy... and maybe he will even understand what I mean when I greet him with, "He is Risen!".





Happy Easter! I'm so glad that you got to go to Utah and that all went as well as possible with your travels. It's good to hear that you're doing well. My mom is having a rough time right now with fevers because she got an infection in her picc line. I know you've been there. It's so hard to call and hear her sounding so miserable. She just says, "Keep praying. Answers will come." This is such a hard thing to go through for all those that have this trial. I'm so glad for you that you've been able to recover as much as you have. Looking forward to your 5K for you!!!
ReplyDeleteHaving been there, I also know the hospital is doing everything they can to make your mom comfortable. I almost preferred being really sick than sort of sick. When I was really sick I just would sleep the whole time. Being sort of sick means you don't feel bad enough to just sleep away the time... you have to be awake and bored until it passes. At the same time it totally sucks having high fevers for days on end... I remember wondering if I would ever be well again, and then one day I was and they sent me home. Your dear mom. I hope this time passes quickly for her. 6 months used to seem like an eternity away... and now I look back. It has been 9 months since I was diagnosed. My memory from that time in foggy... and it seems like it went by so quickly. I hope she turn around and look back on this time and think that it went by really fast... and it was just an interesting phase in her life. That is how I feel now. It will be a while before I run... let alone a 5K, but Im looking forward to it too.
ReplyDelete