There are more people I could have invited, but our house isn't big enough for a very large crowd... I mean that because there are so many people that visited me in the hospital, and that prayed for me with their families, and mothers who donated milk for little N. These are the people I thought about and who I wanted to feed cake... And I feel bad that there are people I should have invited but I didn't, because I was worried about too many coming... But of course as luck would have it, not everyone could come and we had room and cake for more. I'm rambling. I guess my point is, I'm full of gratitude for our new friends in Omaha who rooted for my recovery... And there are many more who I wish I could have fed.
For those that did come, It was my pleasure to be able to make the most delicious, and complicated cake I know how to make, to share with them on my birthday.

This picture and post makes me happy!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I feel the same way when we invite people over. ;) It makes me just start asking a million questions, rapid fire, so there will be no silence. I wonder what other people do? ;) Anyway, so glad you had a day to celebrate being ALIVE one more year!! And I love seeing your beautiful hair! You look radiant! Thank God for Mandy and thank God you are doing so well now! P.S. How is your heart? Do you feel any better, or is it still weirdee?
ReplyDeleteThe heart is all good... no more weirdness. Prior to the heart procedure I was taking a drug called Metoprolol that lowers blood pressure and slows the heart down a little. I was on the drug to keep the SVT episodes at bay. After the procedure to correct the SVT, I stopped taking the drug. Turns out I was sensitive to stopping it cold turkey... so, now I'm tapering off of the drug slowly. I can't believe it, it made a world of difference.
DeleteI wish I could ask questions... Nate and I just stand there and look at people like, ugh... now what? Such a weird thing, because I'm lots of fun at other people's get togethers. oh well. Maybe this is something I'll grow out of. ha. probably not.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete