Saturday, August 16, 2014

July 4th, 2014 and more

Independence Day Parade in Ralston, Nebraska


Independence Day BBQ  - - Hamburgers, hotdogs, corn on the cob and fresh fruit


4th of July Fire Works 

The Carousel at the Children's Museum

Hank and Nathan at the park park for our ward's Thursday 'play group', 

swimming at an indoor pool



We joined HOAA -  house officers association alliance. It is a group for the families of medical students and residents affiliated with UNMC. Our first outing was berry picking at the Berry Farm. There were about 20 moms with their kiddos. We went on a tractor ride, played, picked berries and ate lunch next to the pirate ship. It really was so much fun. I thought...hmmm... so this is what doctor's wives are like. It felt a little sorority-ish, minus the drama that I imagine comes with sororities... I don't really know, I have only seen them on t.v. I liked seeing so many ladies in my same life position. It technically isn't just for women, but for partners and spouses... but only moms were there and I liked those moms.   

All of the other children had faces covered in red from the berries. I have learned not to coax him with food. He is more likely to try something if it is his own idea. He pressed the berries to his lips and put them back in the box. He wouldn't put a single berry in his mouth, even after watching all of the other kids devour them. 








No comments:

Post a Comment