Thursday, November 13, 2014

Birthdays

We have a 2 year old. So far these 2s haven't been so terrible. Here are the photos I have taken for the last six weeks. Maybe in a few days I will actually write a post, but for now, here you go.


My doc gave me zoo clearance in October. The first week we went to the zoo 5 times. I have not been since that week, but that might have something to do with the cold. 

The teenage gorilla is known for banging on the windows. And sure enough, just minutes after this he jumped up and body slammed the glass. 


testing out mattresses

A hayrack ride. That is what they do for fun here in the fall. 


My boys doing yard work. 

You are not going to believe it... another hay rack ride. 

Off into the sunset

Somewhere on a Nebraska farm

We gave little N his birthday bike a week early. When we gave it to him he started laughing. That is what he does when he is excited. 

Little N with his friend Luke. 

Halloween party. growl. 

On his actual birthday I thought it would be fun if we went to the zoo for their annual "spooktacular".... It wasn't open that night, so we checked out this train exhibit instead. 


Little N's uncle Jake and aunt Liangze sent the lego animals. He was so excited to wake up to them. He plays with them every morning. 


On Halloween day the Papillion library hosted a trick-or-treat event. The shop owners of the  cute downtown district in Papillion all were outside passing out candy. There were also police and firemen. 

Little N's cake. stars, animals and cars


His hot wheels track.

Nate's parents just happened to be in town for birthday/halloween weekend. With their busy schedule, it was the first weekend that Nate's parents were available. You see,  Nate was recently called as a counselor in our church congregations' bishopric. With that he was ordained a high priest and his dad was able to do the ordination... and... it was just an added bonus that they were here for birthday weekend.

Grandma's the best. 

Nate's birthday dinner at The Twisted Fork.



That's 38 candles. Yes, there are actually 38 candles.

A leaf blower. I could tell Nate was surprised and excited when he opened it.

On their last day in town Nate's parents and little N and I went to the Air & Space Museum. Then we had lunch overlooking the North Platte River. 

My health you ask? Really great. This is my morning & evening routine. There is only 1/2 of one pharmaceutical on that plate. The rest are herbs from my witchdoc to help my body recover from chemo damage. I think that both western medicine and alternative medicine have an important place in the world. One, western medicine, saved my life. The other is helping my body recover. 

A lazy Saturday morning.

He's gotten so good at puzzles. He is so focused and inventive as he builds his train tracks.

The cold has come. Ugh. I leave the house as little as possible... but sometimes we just have to get out. You won't believe the fight that proceeded getting him dressed and in a hat and coat... but I think he finally accepted it.... I mean he's smiling in the photo isn't he. 


So.... this boy never wears hat unless it is by force. He has been putting this hat on Charlie Brown's head, who he calls Charles. When he was supposed to be napping, this is what I walked in on. He has "Charles" pinned and he's wearing his hat. I need to talk with him about picking on kids his own size. 





Baby N's birthday. The first one. The picture isn't super clear, but I love this video. I watch it all of the time. 



2 comments:

  1. You can tell he has a lot of personality from the pictures! I've never thought the two's were that terrible. For us, it was the three's. Glad you're rebuilding better than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Casey. I was just thinking about you. I have heard that about the 3s. At least I have another year until that time.

    ReplyDelete