Monday, February 2, 2015

Before I forget

This weekend I visited a friend in the hospital. She and her little boy are in Omaha  because he had an intestinal transplant last Fall. They will be here for several months while he recovers enough to go home. Unfortunately they are in the hospital right now because he got the NORA-VIRUS. Ugh. What a terrible little bug. It is a 3-4 day stomach bug that is REALLY contagious. I thought I would be fine if I took precautions during my visit, but I started feeling sick today and threw up. Luckily I ate a light dinner last night and not much today. I am staying quarantined in my room until it passes. Nate will probably take work off tomorrow.

It is not serious or anything, I just don't want to give it to everyone... and I am taking this time to hang out in bed and do the things that I never have time for.

Anyways, tonight when Nate was taking little N out of the bath, Little N said, "Mom's turn.". He usually wants me to take him out of the bath. I could hear Nate explaining to him, "Mom cant get you out. Mom is sick. She hurts." Little N replied, "I sick. I hurt." It  was really cute. I felt like he was saying that he needed his mommy. I just don't want to forget that... so I am writing it here.  He is so fun right now.

Oh... and it finally snowed!

Sunday morning we woke up to this! Church was cancelled and we worshiped by enjoying our backyard and drinking hot cocoa together. 









You might not understand toddler gibberish, but he starts out saying, "Daddy fall down". I guess while they were sledding Nate face planted in the snow. Little N kept reminding us. It must have mattered to him... Then he is saying that mommy is building a snowman. It actually sounds like, "No snowman, mom."... which is more accurate. I tried, but I am not that good. I have wanted to build our boy a snowman since he started his fascination with Frosty the Snowman. I came inside thinking I could finish later... I should have known better. Now Im sick and it is 2 degrees out side. In order to really play, you have to cease the day in Omaha! Because really... a warm beautiful snow day is rare...it won't happen twice. Our "snowman" is really a mini mountain of snow in the back yard. Maybe when I'm feeling better I'll run out there and throw a hat on top and call it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment