Saturday, October 12, 2013

99% of the time people are fine

I'm going home today, again, after 5 long days in the hospital receiving consolidation chemo. It's been a long stay because I have felt physically healthy. When I had infections, I slept so much that the days and weeks all ran into each other. This week I've been very aware of time, counting down to the time in the evening when my family visits... And brings  palatable food from home. Last nights visit was especially fun. Little boy was so sweet and entertaining. 

So... I go home today with no bacteria fighting white blood cells. It does scare me a little, but the P.A. assured me its protocol. She said that 99% of the people sent home after consolidation chemo do just fine. It seems like such a dream. If all goes well, I will be home for 1 month. I will check in again November 5th to prepare for transplant. 

THIS MEANS I GET TO BE HOME FOR LITTLE N'S 1st BIRTHDAY, HALLOWEEN and NATE'S BIRTHDAY. I should be feeling pretty good, and i should have plenty of white blood cells by these events as well. Maybe I will even feel good enough to go out in public and do something fun.  Oh, and my dear sister Mandy, my bone marrow donor, will be with us too. 

I've missed home all week, and now it is only four hours away. 





Upside down baby

You can't tell, but the three of us are having so much fun... It was the only non-blurred picture that we three are in. 
I don't know if I should call this, seeing eye to eye... Or a man to man talk.
Another upside down baby

5 comments:

  1. Little N is getting so big! How many teeth does he have now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has 4. We keep wondering when more will come, but so far just 4.

      Delete
  2. so....one week of no news is good news, right? I hope you are home and just enjoying your family and staying healthy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are done with this round and you will all be in our prayers. You have a beautiful soul and your hope is contageous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you are done with this round. You have a beautiful soul and your hope is contagious, thank you for Sharing your journey with us

    ReplyDelete