Thursday, October 3, 2013

Good news!!!

I'm in remission! This means I don't need any extra chemo. I will start consolidation chemo next Monday. About three or four weeks following consolidation chemo, when my counts are up, I will have another round just prior to the transplant. If all goes well, meaning I remain infection free, Mandy will start the transplant process the last week of October. I think they told us Nov. 11 will be the transplant date.

I know I really wanted to hit a big pause button, but now I'm excited to get on with this. Your prayers must have worked, because I'm less scared than excited. Thank you!

I think his head is bigger than mine.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is unexpected - I just breathed a large sigh of relief! Hang in there through the process ahead - I'm sure it won't be a walk in the park. But, all in all, great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news. We are packing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! i'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!!!! So happy for you! And this is an awesome picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH!!!!! So happy for you. And this is an awesome picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is SUCH awesome news!!! We are very happy for you and will continue our prayers for NO infection and for the process to move on smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see joy in your eyes!

    ReplyDelete