Thursday, December 26, 2013

+31 days



The day after Christmas. It's always a little sad to see the tree go down, but refreshing at the same time. It's like the start of a new beginning. 

We had a great Christmas. I've been light headed, but ok. The nurses keep telling me it could be 100x worse. So, light headed... Sometimes I vomit, and I eat like a bird. That is the physical update. The mouth sores are gone, but food tastes different and it's hard to eat. I'm skinny as ever. On bad days I weigh in around 113lbs and on better days 118lbs. I used to have friends that were this skinny on purpose. Maybe one day I will be weighing in at my healthy 125-130lbs wishing I could loose 5 lbs. for now I just want and need to gain. 

About new beginnings. I'm ready for one. 


This is a diagram of a mountain my doctor drew. I still have a few hurdles to overcome, but we are almost there. He always tells me, "we are going to win this fight!"... And we will... I just wish it were won and done, but it doesn't work that way. Hmmm. 

Easy to please.

Dad making Christmas brekkie
Mary, the babe, and joeseph. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are doing well. I think of you often; you are a brave girl. Love that Jr. is a Calvin and Hobbes fan--he will have the typical Maeser boys' sense of humor, which I LOVE. I looke forward to meeting you in Utah. Fae Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be good to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete