I am about to start round 2 of the HAM chemo regemint. When I ask the nurses how bad it is they reply, “its not a good one”...
I get Cytarabine at 6 am and 6 pm, and Mitoxantrone at about 11am. The Mitoxantrone is blue... and known for causing nausea.They give me zofran in my iv ever 12 hours... and adavan if i am feeling yucky. Adavan is typically an anxiety drug, but for some reason it really helps with chemo nausea.
I’m not thrilled about having all of these drugs in my system. But no need to be a toughie and deny myself the comforts available... meaning adavan for nausea and sleep aids at night.
I managed to shower today. I walked for more than a mile... (7 laps is a mile)... and I was moved into a bigger room with a view. I can see the U on the side of the mountain... and I have a great view of 8th avenue, in “the avenues”. I used to live on 6 avenue.. This is a cute neighborhood.
I cant say much else. Nate and little N went home to Midway to pick up some things... and we left the house in a pile of grossness, so I think he cleaned up and did the dishes. Picked up Nathans music cass materials... and some more essential oils for me. The docs said I could use oils all I want, I just cant injest any... Mostly I have been diffusing frankincense, lavender and a little myrrh. Every little bit helps right.
So... I am tired and food doesn’t taste good. But it isnt intolerable, so I am still eating what I can.
Nate and little N just got here... so Ill update again tomorrow.
I still don’t know a plan for a stem cell donor. I asked the docs if there is any chance I could go to little N’s pre-school graduation May 23... That would mean I absolutely rock all of this... He said to ask again a few days before... So... probably no, but maybe?
No comments:
Post a Comment