That’s what it is called. The nurse told me that the doctors note said “T/myeloid”
...so my non--doctor friend told me that probably means my “t lymph-blasts are affected”... and she said “it may not matter which specific cells on the myeloid side are affected”.
They will start me on high dose chemo tonight at 6pm. I don’t know how long each infusion lasts, but I will receive chemo morning and night for 4 days. The doses are higher than I’ve received before, but my body gets a break between infusions. If all goes well, my last infusion will be Monday morning.
Assuming that regiment equals remission, I’ll be here for a few weeks recovering. Then... if I remain infection free, we move to transplant as soon as possible. I think they were saying it would be about 3 months from now. Then there will probably be two separate rounds of “consolidation” chemo before transplant. After transplant, if it’s similar to 5 years ago, they will closely supervise me for 100 days. I’ll have to have a care taker... I can’t drive (b/c of the meds), and I’ll have Multiple outpatient doctors appointments every week.
I’m hoping I’m well enough to take Nathan to Disneyland for his birthday at the end of October... that’s a good goal I think... ok... that’s my goal. I just decided. No infections allowed... everything will run smoothly... and I’ll be ready to be a busy mommy again by the end of October.
Also. It’s my birthday today. I’m not depressed to be here. I’m turning 41. Really, I don’t care that much about this birthday... but little Nathan is really excited for it. He’s been asking me for months if I’m excited to be as old as Dad. (The answer is, “no... because Nate is really old”) but they are going to bring me a little party here... hopefully for the boys sake, we can make it fun. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment