Tuesday, May 8, 2018

A letter i sent today...asking for apostolic intervention...because they are the closest to Jesus on this earth.

I  Managed to get the email address to office of Bro Christofersons’s secretaries (I think)... This is the letter I sent... Hoping it makes it into his hands. It’s my favorite Pres. Monson story, because it is my President Monsonsory. 

Dear Brethren,

I’m writing this letter from the 8th floor of the LDS Hospital. Last week we discovered that an acute myeloid Leukaemia from 4.5 years ago has “sort of” relapsed. .. meaning this time around it's called “Mixed phenotype acute leukaemia. It only occurs in 3% of leukaemia cases. There are plenty of elements to add to this sad tale, but this isn't the purpose of my letter to you all.

I have crossed paths with a few of you, including Pres. Monson. I originally thought i would tell you about the time that ELDER Oaks held the door open from me at THE red IQUANA restaurant... and how i was so embarrassed that my co-worker wanted a picture with him, and he finally stood after his nice wife told him too …Or the time that I crossepaths with President Nelson as he left the temple arm in arm with his beautiful wife from the temple. They both radiated joy. As a 30 something single woman, at the time i wished for such a wonderful marriage.

I will tell this story about President Monson. In the 90s I was a rebellious teen, with a very unconventional Young Woman’s advisor. There was so much about her that didn’t measure up, but her testimony that she bore OFTEN  did. She swore and had such a spunky “we can do anything” attitude. 

She poured everything into our little young women’s group, and especially me. She was my best friend when I needed someone to help me though some yucky teen choices and their consequential whoas. 

A regional conference was scheduled in HOUSTON in the mid 1990s. My sassy and unconventional YW advisor “just knew” if she could get us close enough, it would matter.
President Monson was the general authority speaking at the conference. It was being held at a basketball stadium near downtown. Sister Zogg picked 4 of us up at 5:00, so we would be first in line. And because it was her, we went along with the crazy idea. And with our French toast sticks and blankets we were...at 5:45, waiting for the gates to open.

When we arrived, there was a section roped off for the families of stake presidents. She and we walked past that barricade and took a seat. The whole time i was subconscious that “we didn’t belong there” and everyone knew it. 

Then at the close of the meeting, as everyone was shuffling for an exit door, i watched Pre. Monson intently. He held my glance for a long long time... with such tenderness and love that i started to cry. The love of God literally shot through him to my heart. 

He has a lifetime of amazing stories of “going to the rescue”, and that day it was my turn. I was the sheep that needed to be tended to, and he did it, and all it took was a loving gaze.

I didn’t change my experimental teenage ways for a while, but i had a testimony that God loved me, because i felt it through Pre. Monson. I sort of always hoped i could run into him again and tell him how much that mattered to me. I wished i could tell him that foundational love was a necessary prerequisite for the “badges of honor” I now ware. 

I’m sealed to my sweet husband and son. They are staying with me (eternally)no matter what. Our son is now 5 year old, and always reminds us to love Heavenly Father and Jesus more (when we tell him we love him the most). He tells me about the angels he sees, and how they are here to help our whole family. He was 9 months old when we went through cancer treatment before.

I can't tell you how much i love my sweet life with them, and I’m not ready for it to end. I’m just not. If it did end now, i know i would go on and do the Lord’s will… I would join my grandmas in furthering the work of the lord on the other side…and I’m sure it would be exhilarating... i just hope i get about 50 more year of this mundane estate so i can be with them. 

Anyways, can you all put my name on your temple prayer roll? My father-in-law Earl Maeser asked this of Elder Holland 5 years ago, and I know the added faith and prayers of God’s chosen prophets only helped me heal faster and better,

Thank you,

With gratitude and love,

Tanya Mae Maeser

And if anyone is ever in the neighbourhood, I’d love an apostolic blessing… and I realise you are all busy… but if I get a surprise one of these days my heart will be filled… and my family will remember it for generations,

THANKS AGAIN!

With so much gratitude and honor, and absolute loving devotion,

Tanya Maeser

And for the next 3 or so week - LDS Hospital on the 8th floor - room#E854

No comments:

Post a Comment