Friday, November 29, 2013

A Christmas letter

I can't think of this year without thinking of the scripture, 

D&C 58:3 Ye cannot behold with your natural aeyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the bglory which shall follow after much tribulation.




Our year started the way the last two years have began, like a dream. I used to wonder how our family could possibly be challenged or humbled. Everything has been so good. At the same time it is still so good. I wish my health were one hundred percent. There lots of things that I wish. 




After a trip to Houston in January for my brothers wedding and a trip to Utah in July for the Maeser's 50th Anniversary party we were shocked with the news that I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia... and that I would need a bone marrow transplant. My sister Mandy was tested as a perfect match. It has now been 22 days since the transplant and things are going good. Im tired. I have a hard time eating and my energy is depleted... but healthy... and all of these ailments will pass. 




















My parents moved here in October and I don't know what we would do without them. I mean that with all of the sincerity Im capable of. They love our little boy, and that is all I can ask. The most distressing times during all of this have been when I have worried if little N is ok. I don't expect him to be untouched from all of this, but I know he will be ok. 

Who knows what the coming year has in store for us... something better, I hope. Perhaps a seaside vacation about a year from now... BBQs, bike rides, and lots of ice cream.


We love you all and we are beyond grateful for your thoughts and prayers. My recovery at different stages of this can only be attributed to you faith and love. I hope one day we will do the same for you. 


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, 


Love Nate, Tanya, little N, and Nubie 








1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas my friend! I am thankful for the gift of your life this year.

    ReplyDelete