Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day -2, part 2

I asked my nurse about potential side effects and when they take place. I was a little confused when I was told people usually feel their worst around day 7. That will be a week from Monday for me.

Today I have felt pretty nauseous, which means I'm having a hard time eating and drinking... So... Feeling bad and not eating makes me really weepy. The nurse said about Monday, transplant day, happy second birthday...that made me cry... People ask about little Nathan and the same thing happens. 

So for the most part I'm physically ok. I'm feeling the effects of chemo, but it could be worse. Emotionally, I'm a little up and down, but generally ok. 

It is nighttime... I've been given a very effective sleeping aide... When I wake up I will be done with chemotherapy forever.

Thanks for your love and prayers.

Nate is laughing. I will tell you why. I had just discovered that pumping my fist in the air makes my heart beat stronger... And we can see the results on the heart monitor. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Tanya! Being done with chemo is a HUGE step and it has to feel so good to know you’ve done it. You’ve passed through so much already, but this is a significant landmark in your journey that shows just how far you’ve come. Onward and upward. Peace on your journey ahead. We love you so, so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny.... Right now I want it all to just be over... but that won't happen, right now anyway, You are right... it is a significant landmark... and I need to remember to be grateful for it. feeling like I want to puke right now doesn't really help... but hopefully it will pass... Today. love you all!!! and I mean it. THank you so much!!!!

      Delete
  2. PS- When do we start growing hair? Ellie and I will start growing ours out when yours comes back, so let us know. Or don’t. That would be a good prank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can probably start growing hair now??? maybe. Mine has grown a little, but supposedly it will fall out again from this chemo next week... After that, Im not sure what the immune suppressant drugs will do to my hair...??? I don't know for sure... I will ask someone today.

      Delete