Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day -6

It's Tuesday night and I'm here. I'm in the hospital ready for tomorrow. If the day of the transplant is day 0, then that makes today day -6. So we are counting down to day 0, the day when I will receive my sister's stem cells. Tomorrow, day -5, at 6 a.m. They will start chemotherapy. It's a high dose of chemo that is delivered intravenously for 4 continuos days. I get to rest on day -1, which is Sunday... And then Monday... The big day. 

I have been nervous... Or maybe more apprehensive, but I'm feeling much better. Our home teachers came tonight, to the hospital, and it has set the tone in my hospital room. After they left Nate gave me a blessing... and I can can honestly say I feel peace.

I hope while I'm here that this time and place can be sacred. I hope we all come away from this better. 

My parents raking leaves with the boy.
An early thanksgiving. Little Nathan couldn't get enough of my mom's pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment