Monday, September 9, 2013

I have been discharged... so, home again, home again, jiggity jig.

There isn't much to say. I feel pretty good... as good as I can feel. I don't really like having my gut full of antibiotics and all of the other pills I have to take. I think that makes me feel a bit queasy, but I can handle a little queasiness. I just hope this home stay lasts a little longer than last weeks. If I don't write anything for a while that is a good thing... it means Im busy being home, and there is nothing exciting to report.

The next few weeks will look a little like this. I have 3 outpatient appointments a week. They will draw labs and give me transfusions if I need them. As long as I can keep those appointments and avoid a fever I get to stay home until the next round of chemo. I will have a 5-day round of consolidation chemo once my counts are up. That might be in about 2 weeks. Sometime before that round of chemo I will have another bone marrow biopsy... and, after all of that I will get 5 days of chemo directly before the transplant. So while my sibling match is in town boosting their stem cells, chemo will crushing mine. After transplant I can expect to be in the hospital for another 3 weeks. Those are the details... Im sure I've written them a few times, but I keep forgetting.

Im excited to hang out with Little N and Amanda. I feel good about going home. Hopefully our house will stay infection free while I'm there.

4 comments:

  1. so two more rounds of chemo then the transplant? When do they think you'll be getting the transplant? So glad you're going home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully only 2 more rounds of chemo. Let's just pray my body responds well to the chemo and I don't have to have more. If I need more chemo before the transplant, I will get more and it will push the transplant back. They are thinking a 5 day round of consolidation starting on the 23rd... and then another 5 days prior to the transplant. If all goes well I could go in for the last round of chemo Nov. 4 - - and on the 6th day I would get Mandy's donated stem cells. It is a little less sad, because I can be home for little N's 1st birthday on Oct 29th and Nate's bday on Nov 3. Once I go in for the last round of chemo and transplant I will be in the hospital for about a month. Then, hopefully home and healing. :) Im glad Im home too! It was starting to effect the little boy. So, Im really happy to be here with him.

      Delete
  2. Ok wow! What a journey ahead... I'm very glad you get to go home.

    I am sending tons and tons of healing energy and love your way. And a really big smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, you are wonderful! Im glad your my friend.

      Delete