Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sit and Be Fit



Do you remember this show? It used to run on PBS before The Body Electric. I used to think it was so dumb. We made fun of it. The last few days I have been thinking, I wish the hospital had a channel that ran recordings of Sit And Be Fit. That is about the fitness level I am at right now. Now I understand it's place in the fitness world.

The last few days have been the pits. I finally feel better today. In fact I started having energy last night, but it was sleep time so I tried to sleep. Instead I was in a hypnogogic state most of the night. I don't know that I've had a night so caught between sleep and awake. It was like I was watching the speed of dreams from the awake side. I understood every detail even though my thoughts (lucid dreams) were racing. It made me dizzy. Between my awake and simi-awake dream state I decided that today I feel better. Im going to eat. Im going to get out of bed. Im going to exercise... Im not ready to walk laps, but I will do something. My friend sent me a yoga dvd 'For Every Body' that has a segment where I don't even have to get out of bed. Isn't that cool. You don't even have to get out of bed to be a yogi. That might be my first attempt at activity today... since its been a few days... If bed yoga goes well, then 'Sit and be Fit' is next on the list... And i really will feel proud when the instructor says, "you are doing great"... and maybe by this afternoon I will have enough energy to walk laps with Nate and Little N.

p.s. I just ate a bowl of cereal. I haven't consumed that much food at one time since Saturday. I am feeling much much much much better now. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally remember sit and be fit...and I'm pretty sure I thought it was a major work-out based on their work-out attire. Love and blessings to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete