The last few days have been hard. I got a strand of staff infection in my blood and was re-admitted with a 103 temp. I constantly had a fever, even with Tylenol. When my fevers were high, b/w 103 & 104 I would vomit. So for 5 days I kept having these high fevers. I Had no food in my stomach, only medicine. By Sunday morning I started to think, this really is like the movies. Until this is over I may feel more sick than not. I just held Nate's hand and said, this is really hard, isn't it? We both agreed that it was.
I thought this too... Not to be dramatic, but... I know I'm not going to die from this. Next summer is going to be the best summer of our life... But I wonder how close to the edge I will have to come. I prayed and said, 'I don't want to go any where near the edge. Not at all'.... I love reading 'near death experience' stories, but I don't want to write one.
I'm only writing about this now because I'm feeling better today. Thanks to medicine and many heart felt prayers, they have pinpointed the infection enough to know which antibiotics work and which don't. It's an antibiotic that I react strongly to, but they pre-med me with Tylenol, Benadryl and steroids and it seems to work.
Hopefully the fear and misery of the last few days won't be an indication for what is to come. I think it may push my next round of chemo back. My white blood cell counts are down to nothing because of the infection. They have told me they want the counts up before more chemo, but who knows. If I can swing it I'd love to spend October at home. I think it's the greatest time of the year.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this infection in addition to everything else! That staff is nasty stuff I hear! You have been constantly in our prayers. We send lots of love today and hope today will be better than the last few!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Stephanie. I am finally feeling so much better today.
DeleteI feel the same way about baldness. I was always jealous of the ladies in South Africa that were bald and beautiful. I'm pretty sure I would not look pretty bald.
ReplyDeleteHaving said that, you will always be beautiful - your attitude through these struggles makes it so!
I'm sorry you're back in the hospital. It seems this is not meant to be an breezy trial in your life. I echo your hopes that you can stay as far away from the edge as possible!
ya, i like your hair...in all its varieties... but probably not bald. :)
DeleteI don't want you to see the edge, either. I've got a kind of secret fear about standing near the edges of cliffs that maybe a strong wind will blow by and push me off, or I might suddenly be imbalanced and fall. It makes my palms sweaty and clammy when I'm standing near a cliff. So. Yes, stay far away from the edge, Tanya! I love you.
ReplyDeleteI love your bald head. And I love you. Adam wants to shave his head for you. Maybe when he wakes up in the morning.
ReplyDeleteI love the smooth head too. So you make it into our prayers most every morning and night. Sometimes it is asking for you to feel strengthened and loved, and sometimes for you to get healthy, and sometimes it's been asking Him to let you stay at home. Your eyes are beautiful.
ReplyDelete