When Little N visits me in the hospital he crawls with such intensity when something interesting catches his attention. When the nurses open a cabinet, he shoots as fast as he can to all of those interesting drawers revealed... usually to only have the cabinet shut right before he reaches his goal. At home it is the dog bowl, refrigerator and lamps. Luckily we put up and away our plants before this point.
Anyways... I posted this video so that I can watch it over and over. Nate had said to little N, "Come get it"... so we think he is saying "get it, get it". He's going to be a great offensive player someday... I don't know what sport, that is up to him... but he is determined to reach the goal no matter what stands in the way. Sometimes I literally stand in the way, and he cuts to the left and the right... and goes between my legs if possible... I feel like I'm playing defense in these moments. It's not like he is mad I'm in the way, he just sees it as an obstacle to navigate around. It does make me feel bad when we have to take the goal when it is finally in his reach... because, inevitably his goals are dangerous or unsanitary. How do they always know?
As far as my health goes, I finally went 24 hours without a fever. They are switching me to an oral anti-biotic. If I don't have a fever in the next 24 hours on the oral anti-biotic, I can go home tomorrow. I told the doc that I feel too healthy to be here, and he agreed. My white counts are up to 600 and my hemoglobin and platelets are good enough that today isn't a transfusion day. I have an appetite and energy. I hope my body really is ready to go home this time... and after last week, I am ok if they tell me I'm not... but I do miss that little boy of mine, and his daddy... so tomorrow, fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed here too! Keep us posted! Love you.
ReplyDelete