Friday, September 20, 2013

Quick update.

Feeling much better today than I have in over a week. The doc and my moms all said, you look so much better. The doc  "we were worried about you". And I said, "I was worried about me". It was really validating to here that. I'm sure in the moment when things are bad the last thing a doc should say is, "we are worried". But after the fact, it was validating and good bed side manner... Made me think ya, that was hard... I'm not just being a wimp. That was hard and even though it was hard I handled it. It's almost been 24 hours since my last fever. I have an appetite and I've worked a little bit with physical therapy. 

Since I got so sick, and since I had this little heart thing, that I will explain later, they have just pumped me with fluids... And steroids.... And antibiotics of course... But what crazy things 20 lbs of water weight will do to your body. I woke up yesterday and said, this doesn't even feel like my body. Not my hands, not my feet...and not my torso. My mom told me I looked like a Buda. Obviously, the fat happy Buda, because today has been a good day.

This the art work the cardiology team drew on my board. I like it when they diagram. In my head I understand what it means, but not enough to explain it. I will soon, when I feel like it. Oh! I had a CT scan. That was confining and fascinating at the same time. The results are, I'm fighting infections and my organs are healthy, I might have some gas.... And I only have two kidneys.

3 comments:

  1. I was not worried about you up until I read your last post, so I echo the worry. I really appreciate your updates, and I pray for you daily. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the updates and pictures. I like seeing you with no hair. You are constantly in my prayers and I have been visualizing you (with lots of curly red hair) and Nate with your children. What an ordeal you are going through. I hope the worst is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! I'm glad your mom is there. Bet Nate is glad, too. You keep on being a strong trooper, ok? ok.

    ReplyDelete