I'm more relieved to be getting the care I need than discouraged at coming back.
It was really nice to do our night time ritual.... Bath time, feeding Little N, and the three of us reading and praying together. It was also nice to sleep next to Nate. little N slept in our room, and he seemed super happy to wake to see us there.
Unfortunately Nate and I woke up sick. Nate quarantined himself to the upstairs room while I sat in bed and took my temperature every hour. The fever finally hit - you have to come back status - after 5. my dear friend Kathy and new friend Lisa brought me back. they stayed with me until 11 when i was settled in my room and feeling a little bit better. Good enough to sleep. Kathy is so good. if you are ever sick, shes great to have around. she rubbed my legs when I had the chill. She sat by me through a lot of discomfort. Nurturing. Motherly. My oldest friend. (We became fast friends when she moved to Houston from Omaha 26 years ago.)
So, I'm back in the hospital. Hopefully I can go home again soon. If everything looks good, maybe next week.

So glad Kathy could be there with you! How do you like the wig? What does Nate and little N think about it?
ReplyDeleteIm not sure they think anything of it. I think Nate would have liked a curly wig, but Ive always wanted strait hair. If I ever get to go out in public I will wear it.... for now it's the Gollum look.
Delete