Thursday, August 15, 2013

A ghetto story and an update that there is still no update

Funny story. since I got my Nebraska phone number, over a year ago, I get random text messages for Brittney Long. Phone calls are rare, but I get those too. Anywhere from guys trying to pick up on me to invitations to bars at midnight. It's annoying. 

Ive looked her up on facebook, and thought about asking her to tell everyone in her life that her number has changed, but she seems ghetto enough to retaliate. she's probably about 20, single and pregnant with baby number 2. the last status update i remember said something like, 'even at 5 months pregnant, i can still drop it like its hot'. that is a referance to the hip-hop dancing that kids do in night clubs these days. so, i feel sorry for the girl. i really do. I know a lot about her life because I get text messages about aunts funerals, and irate bosses wondering if she is going to show up to work that day. It's not easy being brittney long.... But it's annoying that she once had my number. 

Today I got a text that said, "whatcha doin?" To which I replied, "I'm actually in the hospital getting chemotherapy. Can you please tell Brittany long to let people know that this isn't her phone number anymore."

He didn't respond. 

The end.

Ok, ok.


i know, I know, I know. I promised to give updates, and I haven't said anything in a few days. Really, that's because we don't know anything yet. They are still waiting on the labs from my bone marrow biopsy. Once they have the results back they will know what course this will take. Initially they knew enough (aml) to start me on induction chemotherapy. I finsh my 7 day course tonight... Probably in a about 3 hours. I might be able to go Iv free as soon as tomorrow. I won't miss my dance partner...not even a bit. 

First I thought we would know what the genetic makeup of the lukemia is by last Monday. Then I was told it takes about 5 working days... Then I was told it takes a full week. I'm pretty confident we will know tomorrow. 

I'm not too sick. I think I'm starting to get a sore mouth, and I have sores on my hands that have some nasty potential... I feel nauseated here and there through out the day... And tired. Other than the sores, it's very similar to the first 3 months of pregnancy.... Only in early pregnancy people usually don't know and just think you are lazy and dramatic. 

Everyone in our ward is being so great. They keep telling me how their little children are praying that I get better. That makes me feel so good... And so loved. We are new in the ward, so it is really beautiful to receive such an outpouring of love and service. 

In blessings I've been told that this will bring the family closer, which it has. My former branch president said the same thing... that it was a thought he had...and I sincerely believe that if we do have to go the bone-marrow-transplant route, that it is for that purpose... For a higher purpose... Because that is how our family (my siblings and I) are going to learn something we probably can't learn any other way. I really hope it doesn't go that route. I really hope I can be through with all of this by little Nathan's birthday... And    I accept it if that's not the plan. With all of the praying and fasting... And children's prayers being said...there is some higher purpose to all of this. I mean, come on... I eat organic (most of the time)... I do yoga (it's been a while)... I meditate (every now and then)... I'm in love (deeply)... I'm happy (really happy).... 

There. That's the update for now.

If there are grammatical errors, forgive me. I'm typing with my thumbs and I have cancer. 





My dance partner


Baby boy hanging out with mama

2 comments:

  1. Well...not sure if this will post as me or not..but it's Stefanie :) Just wanted to let you know that you are constantly in our prayers. If there is ANYTHING we can do--even being tested--please let us know! We love you! Oh--and I know you worry about little Nate--but that cute picture above says it all--he is happy and healthy and being well taken care of--you worry about YOU for now. He will be just fine! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. even no update is a good update.

    ReplyDelete