Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Thank you Warren Buffet.

Tonight Nate took us on a walk, off the oncology floor. Adventure. I've only been off the floor 3 times in almost 2 weeks. After hours and weekends are better, because there are less germ-ie people in the hallways. Nate showed me a little roof garden sanctuary with a plaque that said, "in memory of Susan Buffet". I don't think fake nature has been enjoyed more.
The cute get-up I have to wear when I leave my room. Also, the angle of this photo makes my arms look more gaunt than I really am. I did loose 10 lbs...  and I'm not happy about it. Any other time I would have been, but I don't want to waste away.... so the weight loss does concern me. Doc said its normal to loose weight and they are not concerned. Today I had two lunches and when they weighed me this morning I had actually gained a pound back.... so hopefully I'll continue to get my chub back.

roof garden

my cute boys

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging every day. I really love to read what you write. It feels like I am talking to you, or sitting in your hospital room with you, and you are funny and it's nice to hear your thoughts on things. I'm glad you're good in a crisis. And I'm glad you've got big nate and little n there with you. there's a lot of love in that room, and lots of love being directed your way. are you still checking your email too? I am going to email you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still checking my email, so send away. I love you too. If you ever have down time, which Im understand if you don't, give me a call and we can talk for real... and I know what you mean about being able to read a blog... have you kept up with yours lately? I should check it. I wonder about you too, you know.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to see you surrounded by love. Thank you for blogging about this process. Mark and I pray for you and your Nathans every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey, Im pretty lucky. Thank you for praying for us... we need it for sure.

      Delete