Saturday, August 24, 2013

The best one

I want to write about Little N. What little I have seen of him in the last 2 weeks. He is all over the place. He is trying to stand up on anything that will allow him to do so safely. He has gained 2 pounds, at least. I think my mom was feeding him more than I usually do. He's such a cute little fatty right now.

 When he comes into my hospital room he gets so so excited. He laughs and starts flapping his arms. He points at everything he likes. If he is not flapping his arms, he is pointing at me when he is brought into the room. It is so cute. His middle, ring and pinky finger held close to the palm and the thumb and pointer pointed out strait. He usually pinches his lips and says, who, without the w. So, I guess it is more like ooo, ooo.

He laughs and rolls around playfully for a bit. However, if a bottle isn't produced quickly squeals of delight are replaced with squeals or anger. So, we try to have a bottle ready before he gets here. Once the bottle is gone, he sort of holds it in the air, and drops it with indifference. SOmetimes he looks at me as if to say, "where's the rest". Nate and I have only had him in the hospital room with us alone once since my parents got here. When my parents are here, I talk to them. I didn't even realize I was missing out on really valuable little N time. So last week, when I thanked Warren Buffet for the roof top garden, it was just the three of us. Before going on our little walk off the floor the three of us just laid on the floor and tickled, wrestled and loved little N. It was so fun. He was so happy and content. We didn't have to keep pulling him away from extension cords and outlets, which my hospital room is full of. He's is perfectly content exploring when ignored, but it's better for us all when we play with him.

I watch that little video I posted when he first saw my shaved head so many times. What a good baby. I sure like him. I am sorry to miss this part of his life. He changes so much every day. While we are battling cancer, I think our little boy will start walking and talking. I guess I wont go on and on about what I will miss... what I do know is this... He's great. He's such a good baby. I don't know how Nate and I got so lucky. If he is the only baby we have, we got a good one. The best one.

No comments:

Post a Comment